Tuesday 14 May 2013

Oakley HQ Tour

I have been an Oakley athlete for right on 7 years now and in that time have always dreamed about seeing the company headquarters in the USA. Being that the drive to Oakley HQ from where I am currently staying in LA was only about an hour and I half I decided that this was as good a time as any to see where all the magic happens.
 The reception area and front office 
Waiting chairs (aeroplane ejector seats)
Upon arriving at 1 Icon, Foothill Ranch I was immediately faced with the HUGE Oakley main building (what I found out later was that this was just 1 of many on the site). The HQ is utterly huge and I can honest say that photos do not do it justice. 
I met with Greg Welsh and was given the full tour and run down on the history and development of Oakley products. Seeing the evolution of products from Oakley's inception right up to 2013 and beyond was a true treat.

I also was able to get a super sneak peak of some of the upcoming products for 2013 and beyond and meet some of the sports marketing team behind the scenes at Oakley international. There are some areas at Oakley HQ that are heavily restricted including the R&D eyewear devision. I would have loved to have seen what the masterminds at Oakley were working on back there!
Wall of Oakley products through time
My favourite Oakley glasses 'Oakley - Over the Top'
 Thanks again to Greg for his time and the grand tour

No comments:

Post a Comment