Wednesday 8 May 2013

Florida > LA > Vegas > Utah in 3 days


After making the long flight back to LA post St Anthony’s 5150 I was able to meet up with my good friend Wayne Jones and get in some good training from his home in LA. I’m still trying to find my way around and work out some good training locations but Wayne with all his contacts managed to somehow get me into a very exclusive gated community which also happened to have an amazing training pool for me to use while in LA.
LA Training Pool
 Post swim session checking out the view
With just a quick turn around we made the drive on Wednesday out of LA, through Vegas and into St George for the weekends 70.3 US Pro Championships. My home stay in St George was truly amazing and I have to give a huge thank you to Dave, Kim and their son Talon for making me feel at home.

Also thank you again to Dave for helping me get the Specialized S-Works Shiv immaculate for race day. The man spends 5 hours minimum detailing his Corvette and just like me is a perfectionist. 










With St George being a heavily religious area the race was held on a Saturday as apparently if it were to be held on Sunday then 90% of the volunteers would refuse to attend.

The day before I headed out for a swim, ride and run over the course and put together a small video of the ride I did.
Race day is Saturday and to say I am excited against racing the worlds best 70.3 athletes is an understatement.


No comments:

Post a Comment