Saturday 23 March 2013

2013 Specialized S-Works Shiv

After riding on the original triathlon specific S-Works Shiv aka 'The Red Rocket' (as seen here) for the last year I was extremely excited to get onboard the 2013 S-Works Shiv. If there was ever a bike that was built with the sole purpose of going fast and keeping you fuelled (not to mention looking good) this is it. The concept of building a triathlon specific bike and ignoring all UCI rules is something that should be seen as a major benefit to any triathlete. Put simply the Shiv in my mind is the fastest bike in production.
My setup for 2013 sees a few small extra details which will hopefully help me go just that little bit faster. On board I have the new Specialized S-Works Quarq linked to the Specialized Comp cycle computer which will be feeding me all the numbers for training and racing. For race day I will be running my traditional Zipp disc and 808 combination.
In conjunction with my new ride I had a few people ask via my Facebook and Twitter if I had canned my trademark red race kit now that I'm riding on a black bike. I've mixed it up this season with help from Scody Australia and created a new tweaked version of my 2012 race kit. Thanks again to the team at Scody for making this all happen.

Big thank you as always to Specialized Australia for their continued support.

No comments:

Post a Comment