Thursday 18 August 2011

Mixing it up

This morning I decided to forgo my usual friday morning pool swim and head to Mooloolaba for an open water swim. It was an amazing morning and after having a few words to the local lifeguard it seemed like we'd picked the best morning all week.
The water was the clearest that I've seen it in a while and it was great to look down and be able to see the ocean floor with all the fish swimming right underneath you (beats staring at the black line in the pool if you ask me). While drying off post swim we were told by a local (who saw us swimming) that there was dolphins playing about 20 meters from us at one point during our swim. I just really hope he knew the difference between dolphins and sharks.

The only downside to the swim was the water temp which felt a lot colder than 19.5 and needless to say we seemed to be only ones swimming. My brother went the wetsuit but I went without and paid the price as you can see in the photo.
When at Mooloolaba I nearly always head to RAW ENERGY for coffee and/or breakfast and this morning was no different. Great food and good coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment