Tuesday 13 June 2017

IRONMAN 70.3 Vietnam - 6th

Having had to DNF at Challenge Melbourne a few weeks prior due to sickness I had not bounced back as quickly as I would have liked in time to race at my best for IRONMAN 70.3 Vietnam. The race is one of the most amazing events on the IM70.3 circuit and so there was no way that I wanted to miss the event despite not having the fitness that I would have wanted leading into race day.

I knew that the swim leg would be a fast one and I swapped out of the lead a few times but was able to get the jump out of the water to be first into transition.
Despite a slower T1 I hit the bike leg with the main group with Michael Raelert rocketing off the into the horizon. I was really struggling durning the ride to hold the power numbers that I would have liked and unfortunately dropped a few minutes before the end of the bike leg.
The run was a tough out and back course and I tried to just keep the legs ticking over at a sustainable pace from start to finish and crossed the line in 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment