Monday 29 February 2016

2016 S-Works Shiv

After two races and two wins on the board so far this year I have got to know my new ride for 2016 pretty well. With this said I wanted to give a detailed looked at Specialized S-Works Shiv which I am racing on this season. A big thank you as always to Specialized for their amazing support and Planet Cycles in Brisbane for building up this speed machine.
Specialized Fuel Cell locked into place. Inside I carry I spare tube, valve extender, Co2 canister, Co2 head along with 1 tyre lever. In the top of the Fuel Cell during races I carry anywhere from 2-5 energy gels. 

Shimano Di2 shifters with a bike computer mount in an easy to read position. 
An S-Works Quarq keeps me training and racing in the correct power zones. I also ride 172.5 length crank arms.
A bright red S-Works Rib cage is tucked up behind the Sitero saddle. With this bottle cage and the internal bladder in the frame my hydration needs are well taken care of.
 So aero from behind!
On race day I usually run a Shimano 11-23 cassette and an 11-25 for training rides. Tyres are S-Works Cottons front and rear. For many races I ride the Roval CLX60 wheel-set. However I will choose to ride with the Zipp disc on some flatter race courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment