Friday 16 January 2015

2015 S-Works Venge in Rocket Red!

If you follow me on social media you would have read that I have re-signed with Specialized Australia for 2015 & 2016. After riding for Specialized as a sponsored triathlete for the last 4 years as well as riding on Specialized bikes for going on 6 years I was very excited to extend my relationship with Specialized Australia. Their support and passion is truly amazing and I feel very lucky to call myself a Specialized Australia ambassador/sponsored triathlete.  

For those interested I wanted to give you a look at my 2015 Specialized bikes and provide you with the details on what I will be racing and training on this year. First up is my 2015 Specialized S-Works Venge. For those who are wondering the paint work is what Specialized call 'Rocket Red' which is fitting for such a fast bike. This is my third S-Works Venge in as many years and I must admit, my new favourite. The paintwork is stunning and photos really can not do it justice. 
I have had a Specialized S-Works Quarq fitted to provide cadence and wattage data to help me to train smarter this season. I am also riding on the Roval CLX60 carbon clincher wheels fitted with S-Works Turbo tires. I have swapped out the 175mm S-Works crank arms which come standard on the 61cm S-Works Venge for a set of 172.5mm S-Works crank arms which I have found give me a better power transfer. Pedals are Shimano Dura-Ace which I use on both my S-Works Venge & S-Works Shiv.
These new Specialized Aerofly handlebars make the Venge just that much more aero saving a reported 17 seconds over a 40km distance versus the traditional shallow bend shaped handlebar. Very comfortable bars and a great addition to the 2015 S-Works Venge. For those with a keen eye you can see that this S-Works Venge is rocking a Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed group-set. Personally I love the mechanical feel on the Venge as it is so direct with every gear change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment