Wednesday 9 October 2013

USA vacation: Part 1 St George, Utah

Post Ironman 70.3 World Championships my partner Bec and I headed to my home away from home in Utah, St George. Being away from home it's amazing to have people who support you as much as Dave, Kim (my USA home stay). I was truly blown away with St George and the people after racing there earlier in the season (Ironman 70.3 US Pro Championships). This time round I had a week to relax and soak in the place. Big thank you to Dave and Kim for letting Bec and I stay at their house and show us both an amazing time in St George!

Mountain biking in Utah in truly out of this world. I was told to watch out around a few corners to avoid a few hundred foot drop to my death!
 Of course I keep up with some training.... 3hr ride up and down Snow Canyon with Dave, Kim and my partner Bec!
 Jet-skiing... love it but I got flipped off the jet-ski by Kim doing 50mph! Not fun... well maybe just a little fun!  
Post ride wash for the jet skis 
 Family photo before breakfast on the drive up. Amazing views!
 Swim time at Sand Hollow (Ironman 70.3 US Pro Champs swim course)
 Post race frozen yogurt. So good!
 Just your casual helicopter ride over St George before dinner.
 Leo! Guy was crazy good with playing with knives... and cooks a pretty nice dinner as well!
 America... where you can get FREE popcorn at a hardware store! Bec is stoked!
 Eating a 'never on Sunday' at the Pizza Factory, St George (half baked giant cookie with ice cream, whipped cream and cameral topping). If your in St George the Pizza Factory (or PF if your a local) is the place to eat at. Best food period!
 Dixie State College football game
 Got to meet a real american cheer leader. I think my Dixie State T-Shirt helped me out

No comments:

Post a Comment