Saturday 29 June 2013

Back into the swing of things....

My last 8 week racing block included a local sprint distance non-drafting triathlon in Australia, St Anthony’s 5150, St George US Pro Champs 70.3, Florida 70.3, Coral Coast 5150 and finally Cairns 70.3 so really a pretty massive block of racing for my first year of 70.3 and 5150 racing. Since my last race in Cairns I had 2 weeks off completely. To be honest I really needed the break and some time out to take in what I had learnt over the last few months and most importantly look at how to move forward.

I won't know for sure until the July 14th announcement however at this stage I should have qualified for for both Hy-Vee 5150 (the richest prize money race in triathlon) and Las Vegas 70.3 World Championships. I am currently sitting in 8th on the 5150 world points rankings and 23rd on the 70.3 world points rankings which is great news. I will be spending the next few months in Australia training for these two big races held on the 1st and 8th of September. A lot of km's and training hours ahead in the Australia winter!

In media news I am on the cover of the lastest issue of Triathlon & Multi Sport Magazine's 'Triathlon Training' guide. It's on news stands now so check it out if you get a chance. Inside are a few of my training articles as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment